A resource of our family's recipes, adventures in keeping three kids and two busy parents filled with home made goodness.

Tuesday, January 2, 2018

Kicking off #365Recipes2018


A recipe for every day of the year. The goal has so many things I love - hard to achieve, maybe a little crazy. Lots of food, tons of time in the kitchen with the family. So many cookbooks. Getting out of my comfort zone.

The first installment isn't a fancy one, but it's a page straight out of my childhood. My very first exposure to Mexican food, which really wasn't Mexican at all. So, I'm calling it Alaskan Taco Salad. For true, childhood flavor you're going to need one of those taco meat spice packets and a bag of Doritos. Not a lot of fresh veggies or homemade salsa, either. This salad tastes like childhood to me, and we ate it twice over Christmas break. (The kids loved the Doritos, because they couldn't believe I actually bought them!)

#1 of #365Recipes2018
Alaskan Taco Salad


  • 1 lb ground beef, turkey, or game meat
  • 1 onion
  • Cumin, ancho, garlic or other taco spice blend
  • 1 head of lettuce
  • Salsa, sour cream, Tillamook cheese
  • Doritos or other tortilla chips
  • Ranch dressing

Brown your onions and meat together, enjoying the fantastic smells. Hide all your lettuce in the fantastic meat, cheese, sour cream, and crumbled Doritos. 

No comments:

Post a Comment