A resource of our family's recipes, adventures in keeping three kids and two busy parents filled with home made goodness.

Sunday, February 25, 2018

Rice Wine Mayo

You know what doesn't look pretty in pictures? Mayo. It's easily my favorite condiment/dip/dressing for any and all occasions. Once I discovered homemade mayo with rice wine vinegar, we stopped buying mayo and only eat the home made.

#30: Rice Wine Mayo

2 egg yolks
1/4 c rice wine vinegar
1 tsp salt, pepper, garlic powder
1 tbs homemade mustard (or other whole grain)
1 c olive oil (or more, as needed)

I make my mayo in the wide mouth Ball jars, into which my stick blender fits perfectly. It;s a KitchenAid (in Green Apple, to match everything else in my kitchen!)

Toss in all the ingredients except the oil and blend. Then, while blending, slowly add the oil until the mayo is the consistency that you like.



No comments:

Post a Comment